Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday Musings 9/26

Good Monday morning ...

Several items to touch on today, so let's get started ...

  • Holy cow, was I wrong about Rockhurst-Abilene. Now, granted, the Hawklets appeared to show ill-effects from the trip in the 33-14 loss. The three first-half turnovers and visible fatigue beared witness to that. After all, Rockhurst left Kansas City at 5 am on a tour bus for the 7-odd hour drive -- it would be hard not to be a bit flat and sluggish after that. But still, props to Abilene. The Eagles were shown to be the faster and better prepared team. Again, I am surprised. Play the game in Kansas City or halfway in Oklahoma City, and I think the Rock wins ... but that's a "what-if" of classic proportion.
  • CORRECTION: In last Monday's blog, I noted that coach Jack Johnson of CM Russell (Great Falls, Mont.) was still short in his quest for 300 wins. Wrong. He actually won his 302nd game over the weekend, a 19-0 shutout of Flathead (Kalispell). I regret the error.
  • I also managed to miss out on another coach's 300th win recently. Jim Bradley of Mayfield (Las Cruces, N.M.) is now sitting at 301 wins, including an impressive pair of back-to-back triumphs over Clovis and two-time defending 5A champ La Cueva (Albuquerque). Congrats to coach Bradley and the now 5-0 Trojans.
  • If (when) I make more mistakes, please call me out on them by emailing me at PrepNation@aol.com. Thanks in advance.
  • A couple feats that we didn't have room to include in this week's FEATS OF THE WEEK . . . Senior running back Cardell Clemons of Glenpool (Okla.) rushed for 311 yards and six touchdowns in a 44-14 rout of Cleveland . . . Junior quarterback Matt Lentz of Greeneville (S.C.) passed for 420 yards and six scores in a 56-35 shootout win over Riverside (Greer). It was the second time this season Lentz has thrown for six touchdowns in a game.
  • We'll have more PrepNation 101 National Player of the Year updates in the near future. Please email me information on players that we should be watching at PrepNation@aol.com.

MAILBAG: Please, whatever you do, DON'T keep your opinions to yourself. Email them to me at PrepNation@aol.com. I will include a mailbag feature on this blog as the emails come to me. You don't have to write me a book, just a short comment, question or suggestion and I will be happy to share your thoughts and my reply to the world. Thank you!

That's all for now ... have a great week.

No comments:

Search PrepNation.com